The Order of Baptism of Children, Ritual Edition
The new translation of The Order of Baptism of Children was recently approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and confirmed by the Apostolic See for use in the dioceses of the United States of America beginning with the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord (February 2, 2020) and mandated for use on Easter Sunday (April 12, 2020).
The Second Typical Edition contains the following:
- Christian Initiation: General Introduction
- The Order of Baptism of Children: Introduction
- Order of Baptism for Several Children
- Order of Baptism for One Child
- Order of Baptism for a Large Number of Children
- Order of Baptism of Children to be Used by Catechists in the Absence of a Priest or Deacon
- Order of Baptism of Children in Danger of Death, or at the Point of Death, to be Used in the Absense of a Priest or Deacon
- Order of Bringing a Baptized Child to the Church
- Various Texts for Use in the Celebration of Baptism of Children (including prayer texts and Scripture readings)
- Appendix with texts and rubrics for the Order of Baptism for Several Children within Mass and the Order of Baptism for One Child within Mass
- casebound book with silver foil stamp on front cover and spine
- two ribbon markers bound into the book
- pagination designed to aid in use and reduce disruption of page breaks
- opaque, acid-free paper to allow for maximum readability and glare reduction
Printed and bound in the United States of America.
About the Cover:
Through the waters of Baptism, a new Christian enters into relationship with God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This relationship, or divine dance, extends to all the Christian encounters, for by this sacramental initiation, the newly baptized has committed to being like Christ in the world. The beautiful cover design of this ritual book reflects the diversity of the Church and evokes influences from Hispanic, Greek, and Celtic art. It symbolically depicts the many theological meanings of Baptism. Representing the waters of the font are spiral waves surrounding concentric rows of triangular tile. The three rows symbolize the Triune God and correspond to the three times the person is immersed in the reconciling waters. The size of the tiles provide a visual effect that calls to mind descending and ascending steps within many immersion fonts, thus symbolizing that through Baptism, a person dies to self and rises anew with Christ Jesus. The circular nature of the font represents both an immersion font and the unity that Baptism forms with God and other baptized Christians. The center of the font is a triple spiral. It reminds us that Baptism is an encounter with the Triune God and the spirals point to the waters of the font.
Click below to view Spanish version.
$31.95 republication pricing available through December 9th, 2019. After December 9th, price is $39.95.
Product will ship January 6, 2020.